Hi, welcome to my page!
I’m a fifth-year Ph.D. candidate in control and learning at the University of California, Berkeley. I work with Prof. Masayoshi Tomizuka in the Mechanical Systems Control (MSC) Laboratory.
My research interest lies in the interdisciplinary combination of robotics, artificial intelligence (AI), and control theories, with a focus on the robotic dexterity research (grasping, manipulation, and assembly).
Here is my Curriculum Vitae.
- Sep. 2022: Paper Allowing Safe Contact in Robotic Goal-Reaching: Planning and Tracking in Operational and Null Spaces submit to ICRA 2023.
- May 2022: I joined Google X as an AI resident.
- Feb. 2022: I passed the qualyfying exam and advanced to candidate.
- Jan. 2022: 3 papers were accepted by ICRA.
- Sep. 2021: Paper Learning to Synthesize Volumetric Meshes from Vision-based Tactile Imprints submit to ICRA 2022.
- Sep. 2021: Paper Learn to Grasp with Less Supervision: A Data-Efficient Maximum Likelihood Grasp Sampling Loss submit to ICRA 2022.
- May 2021: I start my research intern at the Mitsubishi Electric Research Laboratories (MERL).
- April 2021: Paper Multi-Fingered Grasp Pose Detection using Point Cloud submit to RAL.
- Jan. 2021: Give a talk at 3rd NorCal Control Workshop.
- Oct. 2020: Paper 6-DoF Contrastive Grasp Proposal Network accepted by ICRA 2021.
- Oct. 2020: Paper Why Does Robotic Dexterous Hand Grasp Fail? accept by IROS 2020.
- Sep. 2020: Paper: Real-time State Estimation of Deformable Objects with Dynamical Simulation accept by IROS 2020.
- Oct. 2020: Paper: Contact Pose Identification for Peg-in-Hole Assembly under Uncertainties submit to ACC 2021.
- April 2020: Adaptive Grasp Planning for Bin Picking US Utility Patent File No. US/61004-1/236264.
- October 2019: Gold Award of the 5th China College Student “Internet Plus” Innovation and Entrepreneurship Competition. We receive a $560,000 investment in the seed round.
- June 2019: I start my research intern at the FANUC Advanced Research Laboratory at the Union City.
- July 2019: Paper: Optimization Model for Planning Precision Grasps with Multi-Fingered Hands accept by IEEE IROS 2019.
- August 2018: I join the MSC Lab at UC Berkeley as a Ph.D. student.
- Ph.D. Student, Aug 2018 - Present, @ UC Berkeley
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Major: Control
- Minors: Robotics, Artificial Intelligence
- GPA: 4.0/4.0; PhD Prelim Score: 98/100
- Advisor: Prof. Masayoshi Tomizuka
- Research Interests: Robotic Grasping and Manipulation, Motion Planning, RL, Deep Learning
- B.Eng, Sep 2012 – July 2018, @ Xi’an Jiaotong University
- Department of Electrical Engineering & the Honors Youth Program
- Advisor: Prof. Zuren Feng
- Thesis: Motor Imagery Based Electroencephalogram (EEG) Classification (Best Undergraduate Thesis Paper of XJTU in 2018)
2103 Etcheverry Hall
Department of Mechanical Engineering
University of California, Berkeley
Berkeley, CA, 94704, USA
Updated Oct. 2022